Friday, October 22, 2010

PE6 (Part 3/6 of iMovie/Garage Band)

Maybe, finally a trick for a 
voice over and video in iMovie ...
(Not so sure.)




   I have tried multiple times to start with a narration or audio file in iMovie and then add video/movie images. I have always had to resort to using the "Cutaway" inserts. This always cancelled out the possibility of using transitions and created other hurdles along the way.





  This time what I did was leave the lens cap on and recorded the audio with basically a "Black" screen. This allowed me to import as a video and gave me a good starting point to add and subtract transitions and alternate video. First thing I did once I placed the clip/audio in iMovie was detach audio from the "EDIT" menu and I was on my way. 







   The only complication was when I added music the automatic "Duck" audio feature muted my music so I had to go through and detach audio for all the clips and delete the audio tracks. I felt that was easier than adjusting the volume for each clip. (Fewer overall mouse clicks.) It would have been smarter to delete the audio portions when I first inserted each clip before I split them multiple times. You live you learn.


   In the end I felt I had more control of edits, audio, and transitions than in previous videos. In reflections this method would not help me if I needed to sync audio with an individual(s) talking on screen. Argh, but for this video it made things streamlined.

No comments:

Post a Comment